Fish oil is made up of Omega-3 fatty acids and provides essential fatty acids (EFAs). EFAs can’t be produced by the body so they must be eaten for optimal body function.
Here’s how they can help:
1. LOSE BODY FAT – Fish oil doesn’t turn into fat in the body. But the body uses it to cover and protect cells. This process improves the activity of insulin, increasing sensitivity- which is crucial for fat loss.
2. BUILD MUSCLE – Since fish oil decreases cortisol – a hormone that suppresses bone formation and immunity, studies show that it is anabolic in nature. This means it can promote muscle building.
3. DECREASE INFLAMMATION – Fish oil has anti-inflammatory properties. If taken regularly, it may reduce inflammation of fat cells and retard protein degrading effect that causes muscle and lean muscle loss. Plus it helps in strengthening and lubricating joints and bones.
4. IMPROVE METABOLISM – As fish oil boosts insulin sensitivity, it shuttles glucose from carbs into the muscle. The whole process of loading nutrients into the muscle helps build metabolism.
5. BOOSTS JOINT MOBILITY – Omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil may decrease symptoms of morning stiffness, tender or swollen joints, and joint pain. They can also help increase blood flow during exercise.
Latest posts by Ashwin Kak (see all)
- An Interview With Jagroop Singh: Founder – Spartan Health Club - September 27, 2017
- Proper Techniques To Lose Weight - September 19, 2017
- Best Mobile Apps For Getting Fit - August 3, 2017
- The Lean Performance Diet - July 22, 2017
- 15 Amazing Tea Trends For Health - June 28, 2017